Listen to “104 Erin Schanen the Impatient Gardener” on Spreaker.
On the podcast this week we talk to garden blogger Erin Schanen, the Impatient Gardener. Erin lives in a small cottage in Southeastern Wisconsin. During the show we discuss some of Erin’s recent blog posts and other subjects including:
- Gardening mistakes.
- Dealing with creeping bellflower (Campanula rapunculoides) and other weeds.
- Remodeling a cottage.
- Erin’s day job as editor of Sailing Magazine. You can hear more about Erin’s sailing adventures on Garden Fork Radio episode 421.
- How to plant a tree.
- Killing plants.
- Winter and gardening with climate change.
- The folly of taking shortcuts with your soil.
- The importance of testing soil.
- Where to have soil tested.
- Messina’s Deer Stopper.
- Planting a memorial tree.
- Sweet peas.
- Grow lights.
- A lavender lined path.
If you’d like to leave a question for the Root Simple Podcast please call (213) 537-2591 or send an email to [email protected]. You can subscribe to our podcast in the iTunes store and on Stitcher. The theme music is by Dr. Frankenstein. A downloadable version of this podcast is here.