Update: Federico wrote up a blog post showing some of the things we talked about.
Our guest this week on the Root Simple Podcast is artist Federico Tobon of WolfCat Workshop. We talk about a lot of things including Federico’s art, adventures in extreme “makerdom,” sharpening tools, knots and even how to train cats! This is an episode that you’ll want to follow along in the show notes so you can see Federico’s amazing work. Here’s some of the things we talk about:
- Federico’s new drill animation piece.
- Flip Book Kit.
- Shapeoko CNC Router.
- Doodlers Anonymous.
- The analog/digital continuum.
- Hundertwasser on 99% Invisible.
- Converting an old 3d printer into laser engraver.
- Federico on the Opposable Thumbs Podcast.
- Federico’s Warm Heart Automata animated sculpture.
- Arthur Ganson’s gear piece at the Exploritorium.
- Federico’s social media philosophy: “Post positive things. Mostly yours. Not too much.”
- Federico’s sharpening philosophy.
- Leatherman Sidekick.
- Paul Sellers woodworker sharpening videos: knife and chisel.
- Scary kickback video.
- Budget bandsaw repair.
- DIY belt sander.
- Making your own bandsaw.
- Sewing a big bag for bees.
- Cool Tools knot tying card.
- Clicker Training for Cats by Karen Pryer.
If you want to leave a question for the Root Simple Podcast please call (213) 537-2591 or send an email to [email protected]. You can subscribe to our podcast in the iTunes store and on Stitcher. The theme music is by Dr. Frankenstein. Additional music by Rho. A downloadable version of this podcast is here.