Tools and Contacts for the Press
Kelly Coyne and Erik Knutzen grow food, keep chickens, brew, bike, bake, and plot revolution from their 1/12-acre farm in the heart of Los Angeles. They are the keepers of the popular DIY blog, Root Simple, and the authors of The Urban Homestead (2008), which the New York Times calls “…the contemporary bible on the subject” and Making It (2011) a project book for post-consumer society.
In addition to their writing and blogging, Kelly and Erik teach and speak on the topics of self-reliance, urban gardening and sustainability.
- Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coyne is pronounced “coin.” Knutzen is pronounced “KUH-newtsen.” Coyne and Knutzen are married
- Literary agent: Byrd Leavell, Waxman Literary Agency
- Press contact at Rodale (for Making It inquiries): Olivia Baniuszewicz – email@example.com
- Press contact at Process (for The Urban Homestead): Adam Parfrey firstname.lastname@example.org
- Link to high-resolution version of the author photo above. Photo credit: Caroline Clerc
- Link to author CV