On the fifteenth episode of the Root Simple Podcast Kelly and Erik discuss how our cleaning project is going, worm composting, the ongoing skunk menace in our garden and we review two books. Apologies for some clipping in the audio and the cat interruptions.
During the worm composting segment we cover:
- Why worm composting rocks!
- Our wood worm bin.
- Kelly’s post on basic worm composting and resources.
- Santa Monica College’s worm bin.
- The BirdCam Pro (how I discovered that my skunk proofing did not work.
- Our skunk proof vegetable bed.
- Our late dog’s skunk hunting adventures.
What are we reading
Worms Eat My Garbage by Mary Appelhof.
Bread: A Global History By William Rubel.
Kelly mentions Werner Herzog’s Happy People: A Year in the Taiga.
If you want to leave a question for the Root Simple Podcast please call (213) 537-2591 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can subscribe to our podcast in the iTunes store and on Stitcher. The theme music is by Dr. Frankenstein. Additional music by Rho. A downloadable version of this podcast is here.