Our guest this week is Rishi Kumar, who along with his mother Manju, turned a suburban house in Diamond Bar, California into a lush edible landscape and then went on to form a community educational organization and a suburban farm. You can see what they’ve done on their website The Growing Club. During the podcast we mention:
- Jamun fruit (Syzygium cumini)
- Sheet mulching
- Growing fruit trees close togther
- Quail and chickens
- Water harvesting vs. rain barrels
- How the Growing Home became the Growing Club, Sarvodaya Farms and the Growing Commons.
- May 28th greywater workshop.
Many thanks to our Patreon subscribers for making this podcast and blog possible.
If you’d like to leave a question for the Root Simple Podcast please call (213) 537-2591 or send an email to [email protected]. You can subscribe to our podcast in the iTunes store and on Stitcher. The theme music is by Dr. Frankenstein. A downloadable version of this podcast is here.