Our guest this week is Peter McCoy. Peter is a self-taught mycologist with 15 years of accumulated study and experience, Peter is an original founder of Radical Mycology, a grassroots organization and movement that teaches the skills needed to work with mushrooms and other fungi for personal, societal, and ecological resilience. Peter is the lead cultivation expert for the Amazon Mycorenewal Project and Open Source Ecology and the primary author behind Radical Mycology, a nearly 700-page book on accessible mycology and mushroom cultivation. During the podcast we discuss:
- What are fungi?
- How to cultivate edible and medicinal mushrooms
- How to establish a mushroom bed in your garden
- Peter’s cultivation how-to videos
- Growing mushrooms in an apartment
- Easy to grow mushroom: King Stropharia
- Source for spawn: Field and Forest
- Improving soil with fungi
- Remediating soil
- Peter’s new book Radical Mycology
If you want to leave a question for the Root Simple Podcast please call (213) 537-2591 or send an email to [email protected]. You can subscribe to our podcast in the iTunes store and on Stitcher. The theme music is by Dr. Frankenstein. A downloadable version of this podcast is here.