We get a lot of good spam emails at Root Simple. This one, which came in last week, is one of my favorites:
I work for a TV show in New York and we are in need of several artificial vegetables and vegetable plants.
Please let me know if you carry any of the following:
1. Purple Bulb Shaped Eggplants and Eggplant plants
2. Green and yellow squash (zucchini)
4. Red Hot chilly Pepper Plants
5. Red Cherry Bomb Plants
6. Yellow Banana Pepper Plants
7. Green bean (string bean and lima bean) plant that is vine-like that I can weave onto a trellis or a vine that looks like the leaves of a string bean plant
8. Tomatoes and Tomato plants (All Varieties)
9. Green and Purple Cabbage
10. Any vegetable plants can be considered
We will need to place an order very quickly and be able to receive an order very quickly.
Please respond by letting me know what you carry and if you can ship samples overnight.
Thanks very much.
We did a blog post about fake movie plants last year so maybe that’s why we got this email. Los Angeles is home to two huge companies that provide both real and fake plants to the film industry. I just met someone who worked for one of those companies and he had some funny stories to tell.
Maybe we should jump on the fake vegetable bandwagon if this drought continues . . .