On the Valentines day episode of the Root Simple podcast, Tara Kolla, owner of Silver Lake Farms discusses why you should care where your flowers come from. Tara grows and sells flowers right in the heart of Los Angeles. You can find her flowers at the Hollywood Farmers Market and at a pop-up that will take place at Valerie in Echo Park on February 13th and 14th. During the podcast we discuss:
- Marsala, the Official Pantone color of 2015
- Andean Free Trade Agreement
- The Fifty Mile Bouquet by Debra Prinzing
- Sue Keating and sweet peas
- Hashtags: #losangelesgrown, #slowflowers and #cagrown
- Silver Lake Farms on Instagram
If you want to leave a question for the Root Simple Podcast please call (213) 537-2591 or send an email to [email protected]. You can subscribe to our podcast in the iTunes store and on Stitcher. The theme music is by Dr. Frankenstein. Additional music by Rho. A downloadable version of this podcast is here.