My guest on episode 27 of the Root Simple Podcast is Michael Wittman, CEO of Blue Sky Biochar. We discuss:
- What is biochar?
- How is it made?
- Can you make it at home?
- Biochar and heavy metals
- How it improves soil texture
- History of biochar
- Biochar and pH
- How to use biochar
- Using biochar in compost to reduce pH
- How commercial biochar is made
- The Biochar Journal
- Biochar in animal husbandry
- The Biochar Revolution
- Blue Sky Biochar Facebook Page
- I mention an article from the Washington State University, Biochar: A Home Gardener’s Primer
And thanks to Root Simple Podcast listener Max Morgan for connecting me with Michael.
If you want to leave a question for the Root Simple Podcast please call (213) 537-2591 or send an email to [email protected]. You can subscribe to our podcast in the iTunes store and on Stitcher. The theme music is by Dr. Frankenstein. Additional music by Rho. A downloadable version of this podcast is here.